News from Bath Record Office

Report on Collections Weeks January - March 2014

We have catalogued:

0532 Minutes, Bath United Reformed Church (Trinity Presbyterian)

This is a small collection of minute books belonging to the Trinity Presbyterian Church, which occupied Brock Street Hall from 1902 and from 1920s onwards occupied Vineyards Chapel (formerly owned by Countess of Huntingdon's Connexion).

 

0742 Bath Cricket Club Records

This is a large collection of records (36 boxes) from the Bath Cricket Club covering the period 1923-present day. The collection includes Club Minutes, Correspondence, Match and Tour records and more.

 

1077 Deeds for a plot of land at the north end of the Winniard [Vineyard]

A small collection of deeds relating to a plot of land and a house at the north end of the Vineyard, near the junction of Guinea Lane and The Paragon

 

Additions to the ‘Pamphlets’ series

Stephanie Adams, our Archives Assistant, has been continuing the work of bringing up to date the ‘Pamphlets’ series by adding books and publications of local interest which we have received from various sources.

 

 

We have also been working on:

0591 Bath Co-operative Society & Twerton Co-operative Society

We have begun work sorting this large collection of records relating to the Bath, Twerton, and Bath & Twerton Co-operative Societies; the collection has been preliminarily sorted and listed but considerable work is still needed to clean and package the records before full cataloguing.

 

Bath, Water and World Heritage: the City Records from the 12th to the 21st centuries.

 This is a major new project which has been made possible by the award of funding from the National Cataloguing Grants Programme for Archives.  The city records form a major part of our holdings, and this is an exciting opportunity to catalogue them properly for the first time, and open up the wealth of the collection to users. The project started in February, with two members of staff working exclusively on this project. Find out more