Bath Record Office is currently closed but we are planning a safe reopening. Although we are closed for research appointments, we are able to respond to enquiries by email, phone or post.

Jewish Burial Ground, Combe Down

Status: 
Closed
Number of Memorials: 
39
Access: 

Closed, but open by special arrangement via https://www.bathjewishburialground.org/contact

The Jewish Burial Ground is located on the corner of Bradford Road and Greendown Place, Combe Down next to the Forester & Flower public house. It is not generally open but is usually open for a day as part of Bath’s annual Heritage Week.

Entrance and Chapel.jpg

Entrance and Prayer Room

General View.jpg

General View

View Westwards.jpg

View Westwards

A list of those buried can be seen here: https://www.bathjewishburialground.org/burial-ground-occupants and also on the Supplementary Notes pdf download below. You can also search under Cemetery Graves below.

Further documentation of the individuals named on the memorials can also be found at Bath Record Office.

There has been much speculation about the purpose of the building but the Post Office Directory of Bath 1872 has an entry in the Combe Down section for: Hilyer Mrs E., Jews burial ground.

The website https://www.bathjewishburialground.org has further information.

Documents: 
Maps: