Lullington

Status: 
Open
Number of Burials: 
833
Number of Memorials: 
78

All Saints', Lullington from the east.

The original Norman church was built about 1150. The door on the northern side of the church is Norman work. A plan in the church shows the phases of the development of the church over the centuries.

There was a renovation 1862 with the church re-opening in February 1863. At the same time the churchyard was extended and a vault constructed for the Duckworth family, owners of Orchardleigh.

The church in a benefice that includes Beckington and Orchardleigh.

Church from the south-west

Documentation: 

At Somerset Heritage Centre:

  • D/P/lull 2/1/1      Baptisms 1713-1812 [1806-1808 missing]; Marriages 1713-1752; Burials 1712-1812 [1808-1811 missing].
  • D/P/lull 2/1/5      Burials 1813-2005

The post-2005 register is with the parish

Documents: 
Location: 
Lullington, Frome BA11 2PQ
Coverage in Index: 
1712-2018