Union Chapel, Combe Down

Opened: 
1838
Status: 
Closed
Number of Burials: 
212
Combe Down Union Chapel.jpg

Union Chapel

Union Chapel, Combe Down was opened in 1815. It was founded by members of two churches in Bath; Somerset Street Baptist Church and Argyle Street Congregational Church (then called ‘Independent’), who wanted to establish a place of worship on Combe Down. The graveyard was in front and on the western side of the chapel with that part of the graveyard on the western side having been built on. The first burial was in 1838, there were 212 burials with the last one in 1916.

Coverage in Index: 
1838-1916