Withyditch Baptist Chapel

Opened: 
1817
Status: 
Open
Number of Burials: 
72
Number of Memorials: 
43

The chapel was founded in 1817 as a Sunday school with a foundation stone being laid on 22 Jun 1829. It was associated with the Baptist church at Somerset Street, Bath (which later relocated to Manvers Street). The chapel was rebuilt in 1839/1840, the adjacent burial ground was extended in 1864 and a vestry added in 1874. Preachers were sent by the Somerset Street and Ebenezer Baptist chapels in Bath. In 1939 the chapel was once more rebuilt. Due to diminishing members of the congregation, the chapel was closed in 2001 with a closing service on 15 Dec 2001.

Limitations

The whereabouts of the burial register is unknown. The names come from the surviving memorials.

Documents: 
Coverage in Index: 
1821-2016