Newton St Loe

Status: 
Open
Number of Burials: 
2758 (from 1538)
Number of Memorials: 
about 300
Access: 

A gate in Church Street leads to the graveyard and church. It is possible to park in Church Street.

Holy Trinity Church from the West.jpg

Holy Trinity church from the west

and the East.jpg

and the East

The 14th century church of Holy Trinity had a tower added in the 15th century and in 1857 extended by a northern aisle. It is part of Benefice of Saltford with Corston and Newton St Loe in the deanery of Chew Magna and the Archdeaconry of Bath.

The burial ground is on four sides of the church. The area to the north of the church is under trees. More recent burials are on the western side by a wooden fence, the area overlooking a field.

Documentation: 

Transcript – Burials 1698-1843 (typescript)

Burial Register Microfiches:  1538-1887 [Bath Record Office]

National Burial Index 3:         736 entries (1800-1869, 1918, 1959)

Name and location indexes for the period  from 1538 are being produced. The graveyard has been surveyed and a map produced.

Documents: 
Coverage in Index: 
1583-2015