Prior Park

Opened: 
1837
Status: 
Closed
Number of Burials: 
11

Prior Park Chapel.jpg

Prior Park Chapel

In the period 1837-1853 a small number of burials occurred at Prior Park when it was a school and seminary. When Prior Park was sold in 1856 the bodies were reburied at Midford Castle, Bath or Downside Abbey, Stratton-on-the-Fosse. After the repurchase in 1867 there are press reports of 3 further burials of clergymen associated with the school in 1886, 1891 and 1893.

Documentation: 

Bristol Record Office 35721 Box 25. Burial Register for Prior Park Bath.

Burials at Prior Park, P J Bendall 2012 [Bath Record Office].

Documents: