Woolverton

Status: 
Open
Number of Burials: 
321

The church of St Lawrence, Woolverton was part of the Rode major group of parishes. The church was declared redundant at the same time as Christ Church, Rode Hill and both buildings have found alternative uses. The church at Woolverton was converted into a private residence. The oak pews were transferred to St Lawrence church, Rode.

Limitations

Only the eastern section of the churchyard has been visited and the records updated with information from the memorials.

Documentation: 

At Somerset Heritage Centre:

  • D/P/woolv 2/1/2 Burials 1813-2012
  • DD\X\SDFHS/48 Monumental inscriptions for Woolverton Church. [1728-1992]
Coverage in Index: 
1813-2012